Developmental Disabilities ProgramBaker County Developmental Disabilities (DD) Services strives to provide a responsive, cooperative lifespan delivery system of support, training, care, monitoring, protection and crisis response for persons with developmental disabilities and their families. Services are designed to maximize opportunities for self-determination and self-sufficiency. We value integration, independence and productivity. Baker County DD provides a range of services for eligible individuals and their families, including eligibility determination, case management, person-centered planning, coordination of services, monitoring for quality assurance, protective services, community based residential and employment services, as well as foster care and crisis resources. In order to best serve our clients and partners in community settings, staff are available by appointment at 541-523-8366.
We are here to help you, just ask! Services Coordination
- Assessment of support needs.
- Design and implementation of person centered support plans to meet the needs for each client enrolled in services.
- Authorization of services for adults and children who meet eligibility criteria.
- Provide frequent monitoring of service providers to ensure quality care and supports for each individual, in healthy and safe environments.
Adult Protective Services
- Respond to all allegations of abuse and neglect by providing protective services and investigation.
- Provide crisis response and services for individuals in crisis including behavior consultation, respite, and comprehensive placement, if necessary.
- Family Support services assist families to plan and develop supports necessary for their children with developmental disabilities to live at home. These services may include financial assistance to purchase individualized supports, such as specialized equipment, consultation, training, and respite.
- Provide eligible adults with developmental disabilities the opportunity for supported employment services in community settings.
Support Services Brokerage
- Refer eligible adults, who live in the community, to a local support services brokerage where they can choose various service possibilities based on a person centered planning process completed by an assigned personal agent.
- Brokerage services might include in-home supports, respite, community inclusion, supported living, skills training, and employment.
Contracted ProvidersNew Directions Northwest has a rich history of partnering with various local community minded providers who offer 24-hour residential services, employment services, supported living, and respite services. In addition, we license, certify, and monitor foster homes for both children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Developmental Disabilities ServicesThis program promotes the independence, integration, and productivity of the citizens of Baker County through an array of services and is not income based.
As required by law for all programs in Oregon we are “Smoke Free”.
Please call for help at 541-523-8366.