Mental Health & Addiction Services
Mental Health & Addiction Services
Total Health encompasses many mental health services including:
- crisis intervention
- group counseling
- marriage counseling
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- psychiatric prescribing of medication-assisted treatment
Services are offered with emphasis on keeping individuals in our community. We also serve the transient and indigent, and accommodate Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance.
Our staff consists of Licensed Psychiatrist’s, Medical Doctor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Community Health Care Worker, Licensed Masters Social Worker, Qualified Mental Health Professionals, Certified Medical Assistant, Prevention Specialists for mental health and addictions, and clerical support.
Our professionals are compassionate as they provide expert care and counseling, and work with other service organizations in the county to help and protect all individuals including the most vulnerable of our population.
A mental health crisis is a situation in which someone is at risk to themselves or others due to a mental illness. The mental health program provides a range of crisis intervention services which can be accessed by calling 541-524-9070 during the hours of 8 to 5, or anytime at 541-523-3646.
- Information, referral, and screening for all mental health concerns
- Immediate crisis assessment and intervention for mental health crises
- Access and referral to available mental health and community resources
- A comprehensive array of treatment services to adults and children covered by the Oregon Health Plan or CCO who have a mental illness and are in need of treatment
- A range of services for individuals with serious mental illness who are without insurance and are at risk for state hospitalization or jail due to their mental illness
- A range of services mental health and substance abuse services for individuals with insurance coverage or self-pay.
- Immediate crisis assessment and brief crisis follow-up for all clients regardless of ability to pay
- Individual crisis support, referral to inpatient care, access to brief crisis respite support, and regular crisis support groups
- Discharge planning for return to the community from inpatient and residential treatment settings
- Pre-commitment services for clients at risk and unable to care for themselves
- Individual, Group or Family Therapy
- Chronic Pain Management Services including; yoga movement therapy, ACT, CBT, and education training. Treatment services are developed in collaboration with the individual or family seeking care. The individual’s own voice is valued in determining what will best promote recovery. Wherever possible, treatment is provided that has been shown to be effective through clinical research. We strive to offer compassionate, respectful care that is sensitive to the cultural considerations of diverse individuals and acknowledges the pervasive impact of traumatic experiences on individuals and families.
Treatment Services for Adults and Children
- Cognitive behavioral and psychotherapeutic interventions for anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorders, and borderline personality disorders
- Individual and group treatment options
- Access to psychiatric assessment and medication management services in conjunction with psychotherapeutic strategies when needed
- Services to help adults with serious mental illness to maximize independent functioning and recovery within the community, including medication management, Strength-Based Case Management, skills training, benefits management, and counseling
- Support for adults with serious mental illness living in adult foster homes and transitional housing
- Supported Employment, Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), and EASA
- Treatment services for children and adolescents with mental health disorders including cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety, depression, eating disorders and trauma, and various forms of parent-child and family interventions such as Parent Child Interaction Therapy and Collaborative Problem Solving
- Intensive community-based treatment supports and wraparound services for families raising children with serious emotional and behavioral disorders to enable children to stay at home and in school
- 24 hour Crisis intervention, crisis respite for adults at Baker House and children's crisis respite at Elkhorn Adolescent Treatment Center.
- Children: Intensive Community Treatment and Support, Community Resource Teams provide multi-agency coordination and person-centered planning, individual and family therapy, full-time staff at Elkhorn Adolescent for co-occurring disorders*
- Acute Care referral Community Housing and Residential Services: Adults: Supported housing* through the NE Authority Children: therapeutic foster homes
- Recovery Supports at a Peer Drop-in Center* with illness management and recovery*, therapeutic support and skills training provided
- Services to Special Populations in a Disaster response situation (case management for residents, counseling services to emergency responders, and others involved
- Services to Jail inmates (on-site)
- Short-term medically monitored withdrawal management
- Substance Abuse Treatment including Short-term sobering services
- Gambling Addiction services
- Comprehensive programs offering shorter and longer term treatment and counseling for substance abuse problems
- Numerous Groups specific to Mental Health and Addiction Issues
- Treatment for gamblers and family members of gamblers
- Educational Groups on Addictions
- Three Residential Treatment Programs for adults, youth, and parents with their kids
- Community Outreach serves persons at risk for state hospitalization or jail due to mental illness and provides services to increase stability within the community through intensive case management and other supports.
- Suicide Prevention provides training in suicide prevention and interventions for schools and community agencies.
- Stop Bullying program that is offered individually or offer directly to all Baker County Schools.
- We work closely with our Community Corrections program, Schools, Hospital, Primary Health Care Homes, and Law Enforcement.
Service: Total Health™ Chronic Pain Management
"The program was very educational. I learned several different ways to relax. The program also helped me to be to be more mobile through the yoga which I loved. I hope that Total Health offers a follow-up class so I can come again."