Access Services Through Tele-Health
New Directions Northwest Clients who would like to continue accessing their services from the safety and comfort of their homes will now be able to connect with their clinician through the online meeting system "Zoom."
About Zoom online meetings
The Zoom online meeting system allows you and your clinician to see and hear one another on your computer or phone.
What do I need to meet with my clinician in a Zoom meeting?
To meet with your clinician online in a Zoom Meeting you will need:
- A desktop/laptop computer or smartphone or tablet with internet access
- The Zoom app installed on your device
NOTE: If using a laptop or desktop computer, you may also need the following: a webcam, a microphone, speakers or headphones; your clinician will consult with you on these items prior to your first Zoom meeting.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting with my clinician?
To schedule a Zoom meeting with your clinician:
- Fill out the Tele-Health Informed Consent Form
- Call the New Directions Northwest front desk to schedule an appointment with your clincian as you usually would do: 541 523-7400
- Request that the appointment be done via a "Zoom meeting"
- Give the receptionist your email address (if this is your first time setting up a Zoom meeting with your clinician); your clinician will need your email address to set up the Zoom meeting
How do I connect with my clinician at the Zoom meeting time?
Once your Zoom meeting appointment is scheduled, your clinician will send you a link to the Zoom meeting via email. To join the meeting on the appointed day and time:
- Click or tap on the link provided in the email
- Your device will open an internet page and load the meeting address
- If your device does not yet have the Zoom app installed you will see a message like the following, indicating that you need to install the Zoom app:
Desktops/Laptops: "If nothing prompts from browser, download & run Zoom."
Phones/Tablets: "First time using Zoom on this device?"
Follow any instructions given to download and install the Zoom app
- If your device already has the Zoom app installed, or once the app installation has completed, the Zoom app will load the meeting and you will be connected with your clinician.
- Connect to Zoom in the New Directions NW Private Portal
Problem with your Zoom Meeting?
If you experience problems with the Zoom app, such as audio or video problems, check and adjust the settings on your device and in the Zoom app. If after making adjustments the problems persist, or if you don't know how to check or adjust the settings, contact your clinician through the New Directions Northwest office (541-523-7400), or directly, if you have the clinicians phone number.