How to Get Help
Getting started at New Directions is a friendly and simple process. At the Total Health Clinic we have walk-in intake and assessments on Tuesday mornings and Friday mornings. We also have scheduled intake appointments on Monday afternoons for those deemed appropriate.
- Intakes are offered on a first-come-first-served basis, so please arrive on time or early.
- Children must be accompanied by their legal guardian.
- Bring current Medicaid card(s).
- Intakes take about 45 minutes.
- Upon completion of an intake, you will be eligible for a face-to-face assessment with a counselor. If time allows, this may occur on the same day as your intake.
- An intake is required to receive an assessment.
- Assessments are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Assessments take about 1 hours to complete.
- The assessment counselor will ask you questions in order to assist in determining treatment needs. If ongoing treatment is needed, you will be assigned a group (or groups) that is appropriate, and a future appointment will be made with an assigned clinician for ongoing services.