How to Get Help
Getting started at New Directions is a friendly and simple process.
For Medicaid Clients:
Walk-in intake and assessments are available Tuesdays through Thursdays, from 10 am until 3pm, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Medicaid clients can also schedule intake appointments, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5pm. Assessments will be scheduled after receiving an intake.
For Private Insurance Clients:
Intake and assessments for private insurance clients are scheduled by appointment, Monday through Friday.
- Children must be accompanied by their legal guardian.
- Bring current insurance card(s).
- Intakes take about 1 hour.
- Upon completion of an intake, you will be eligible for an assessment with a counselor.
- An intake is required to receive an assessment.
- Assessments are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Assessments take about 1.5 hours to complete.
- The assessment counselor will ask you questions in order to assist in determining treatment needs. If ongoing treatment is needed, you may be assigned a group (or groups) that is appropriate, and a future appointment will be made with an assigned clinician for ongoing services.
Note: New Directions strives to meet the specific individual needs of the people we serve. In addition to our mental health services, we also offer residential substance use disorder treatment, addictions treatment, psychiatric services, and co-occurring services