Medication Assisted Treatment
Outpatient Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT)
OBOT is the treatment of outpatient addiction and withdrawl as a chronic medical and behavioral health condition. OBOT is part of the continuum of care for Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT). Please call (541) 523-7400 for more information.
To provide our community with the tools and resources needed to manage opioid use, misuse, and abuse, while working within the continuum of care with primary care physicians and behavioral health specialists.
- Transition from opioid and opioid based medications to medications used to limit and reduce withdrawl symptoms
- Treatment of alcohol and benzodiazepine use disorders
- Physical evaluation of client health
- Individual and group substance use disorder treatment
- Individual mental health counselling
- Psychiatric medication management
Potential Benefits and Risks of Office-Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT) and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Medications
- Control of withdrawal symptoms when quitting opioid use.
- Supports patients with opioid use disorder in quitting other opioid use.
- Treatment can be conducted without daily attendance at a clinic to obtain medication
- Patients become physically dependent on buprenorphine
- May experience some opioid-related side effects including constipation and, particularly when increasing dosage, mild sedation
- Potential drug interactions with other substances, especially sedating drugs and alcohol
Naltrexone or Vivitrol
- Decreases reactivity to drug-conditioned cues and decreases cravings
- Blocks the euphoric and sedative effects of drugs such as heroin, morphine, and codeine
- Vivitrol is an one a month injectable medication, no need to remember to take daily
- May cause liver injury
Potential drug interactions with other substances, especially sedating drugs and alcohol
- Possible injection site reactions
- A community partner
- A caring and compassionate care provider
- We conceptionalize substance use disorders as a chronic health condition in need of medical and behavioral treatment and support
- A multidisciplinary team focused on addressing all symptoms
Misconceptions (What we are not):
- We are not a detoxification facility
- We are not a methadone clinic
- We do not provide daily dosing (OTP)
- MD: Dr. Christine Seals - Prescribes medications, evaluates clients, and insures medical compliance.
- PMHNP: Reta Warner, Psychiatric Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner: Prescribes OBOT medications and/or psychotropic medications.
- LCSW/CADCIII: Shad Thomas, OBOT Program Supervisor - Provides Mental Health evaluations and individual counseling. Substance Use disorder evaluations, group and individual treatment.
- CADCII: Substance Use Disorder evaluations, group and individual treatment.
- CMA: Ronda Kissire, Certified Medical Assistant - The patients direct link to OBOT prescribers. Coordinates care with primary care physicians
- Case Manager: Aubrey Henshaw - Communicates and coordinates care between behavioral health professionals and OBOT program and makes appropriate referrals to additional resources as needed.
Our clients are treated with dignity and respect by all doctors, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, physician assistants and other health care professionals.
Medications Used in OBOT/MAT program
- Subutex (Buprenorphine)